LATIN AMERICAN CULTURE AND CIVILIZATION
ANDEAN INDIGENOUS LITERATURE AND CULTURE
Duration: 6 weeks
Number of hours per class: 45 (with 40 class hours, 2 conferences and 3 complementary field trips related to the topic studied)
Students per class: Minimum 6 , maximum 15
• To provide an apportunity for cultural exchange.
• To facilitate the direct knowledge of the cultural diversity of Latin America for foreign students and professors.
• To encourage the practice of the Spanish language in its actual context.
• To provide access to the cultural idiosyncrasies of Latin America to further develop respect and understanding.
• To finish this course with complete satisfaction and new knowledge in the history and culture not only for the country of Ecuador, but also for the city of Cuenca.
Registration: four months prior to course initiation
Class initiation: According to the need of the participants, anytime between October and July.
Payment Schedule: 30% at the time of registration ( non-refundable). Remaining balance due at the beginning of the course.
Room and board: The students may stay with Ecuadorian families arranged by the university. The price will be U.S. $12.00 dollars per day and it may change depending on the country´s inflation. It includes a private room plus 3 meals a day. The students may also choose to stay in a hostal or hotel.
Inquiries and registration forms may be directed to